Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 passes away... let it do so

Let's face it – the year is over and done. Here are the holidays and in a few days, 2016 is history. On political and global level, it was a year certainly not being of the best sort. We saw a lot of good artists die and go, we had almost every day a terror attack somewhere on this planet and, after all, never in past-world-war history, there have so many people on the run worldwide. So let's keep in mind to try making this world a better place for us all should be our intention for 2017, everybody on his/her level of abilities.

And to the hobbyists: keep on painting!



Statistics time again!



But away with that. As always, at the end of a year I'm doing an inspection of my 'painting performance' which was, as always, not as high as I would have wanted. Here's the original plan was:
  • One single- and one multi figure vignette for Heiden ISSC (CHECK)
  • One single-figure vignette for FIGZ (CHECK)
  • Baden jagers
  • Completing my 12 Russian-hussar-regiments display
  • 4 other Austrian lancers
  • Voltigeurs and command of the seven Italian line infantry regiments (CHECK)
  • Fusiliers of the Kingdom of Holland line infantry regiments (CHECK)
  • French colonial troops (CHECK)
  • Guards of Venice
  • Garde de Paris, white, green and red uniforms (one of four)
Okay. The Baden Jagers were, together with a lot of Baden fusiliers, my xmas present. So, finally, I can start with them next year. The checklist doesn't look that impressive, but I've done a whole lot of other things instead:
In total, that's 111 completed figures plus a tank and 10 figures still on my desk, being in an different states of painting. Taken into account that the building and painting time for the SU100 was equaling the painting time for a row of horses, my performance was slightly above that of 2015. Which is, once after all, a surprise for me because I thought I had done less then that. Plus: I had lots of fun painting other things then Napoleonics. Sorry to say so, but it's just like that. 

Now here's my personal Check-and-don't-make-it-once-again-as-alway-list for 2017:
  • One single or multi figure display for FIGZ
  • A multi-figure setup just in case I decide to go to the Lingen show
  • Completing Baden Jagers and fusiliers
  • Complete my Russian hussar vignette
  • Complete the SU100 vignette with tank riders
  • Complete the French departmental guard display (14 figures left)
  • Finish my Kingdom of Holland setup of Pre-Bardin units until FIGZ (only 4 figures to go)
  • Finish the Garde de Paris (3 units left)
If finances are good enough, there's a very special figure up to follow and I'm planning to buy some figures from Hagen in order to dress them up for representing 1812 US-american militia.


Okay. Course is set. Engage!

No comments:

Post a Comment