Sunday, August 5, 2012

Spaniards on the (long) run

Well. Time is marching on. In a few days, my oldest son will have his first day at school. Summer in passing by. Public adminstration is doing things that are too ludicrous to be spoken about in public. Time for a little update, isn't it?

After you've seen the blue boys AKA HaT testshot figures of the forthcoming Napoleonic Spaniards, here's a little impression of how they look after being treated with some colour:

Here's a closeup:
I know, they still require some uniform shading. The units represented here are the Walloon guards, the Ultonia regiment and the Mallorca regiment. Most of the figures will be painted as Walloon guards, because I want them to go together with the mounted Spanish officer. I've started to paint the two grenadiers in the colours of the Zaragoza regiment - for the rest, I just don't know which units I will chose.

But what I know is, that these figures are really looking beautiful when painted. HaT has done quite a good work on them. Hopefully, I'll have at least two vignettes completed for Heiden soon enough.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sascha!

    Glad you are still painting. These guys looks beautiful! Keep on cruising my friend!

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work my friend. please don't mention government, I have just wathced, government types explainecd with 2 cows!!!! worth a watch.

    cool to see some spaniards... we have a spanish exchange studenst, italians, loads of Japanese exchange students and a platoon of german girls... the germans, the spaniard and an itallian are now in our history class. so we decided not to study NAZI Germany and are doing the russian revolution. which for some reason means listening to the Rasputin song a lot????

    how are things for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog from W-P. Great job on these Spanish, very well done.

    ReplyDelete